Pages

Blogger templates

Blogroll

Labels

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get Well Soon, John Carpenter

I've received word that John Carpenter collapsed in Orlando on Saturday due to flu-related exhaustion, but that he's now back on his feet. Obviously, I feel invested in John Carpenter's well-being, but I don't think I realized how invested until I heard this news. All that I can say is get well soon, Carpy: you've given the world some of the finest two-fisted cinema, some of the most spine-tingling horror, and some of the most rockin', catchy, and eerie music ever written. THE THING launched a million morbid daydreams, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA's been the highlight of countless lazy Saturdays, and who knows– maybe THEY LIVE will one day actually beget social change. Regardless, I know that there's many more chapters to be written in the life of John Carpenter- more films, more Coupe de Villes albums, more Kurt Russell extravaganzas. So get well, and stay well, Carpy- we're pullin' for you!

0 comments

Post a Comment